The Alecto WS5400 is an 8-in-1 Wi-Fi weather station with an outdoor sensor and app control, ideal for the professional user. This weather station with outdoor sensor is equipped with a Wi-Fi connection and has no less than eight sensors on the indoor and outdoor unit. This gives you direct insight into current local weather conditions. All values can be read on the colour screen and the Smart Life app on your phone, tablet or laptop. The Smart Life app also allows you to link numerous other smart products. This enables smart products to work together in automated scenarios.
- Professional Wi-Fi weather station with app
- Free Smart Life app (Android and iOS)
- One app for all smart products
- Record, share, view and compare your own weather observations
- Clear colour display with display illumination (12.3 cm / 4.8 inch)
- Wireless outdoor sensor (range up to 30 meters / 98 feet)
The wireless outdoor sensor and indoor unit (screen) have various high-quality sensors that give a complete and reliable picture of the current local weather conditions and indoor comfort.
- Temperature (indoors and outdoors)
- Humidity (indoors and outdoors)
- Air pressure
- Wind speed
- Wind direction
- UV radiation
- Light intensity
Based on real-time data and history, the feeling temperature, heat index and dew point are also calculated, as well as a weather forecast for the next 24 hours. This professional weather station is equipped with a rain gauge for recording the amount of precipitation. If desired, you can set a number of alarms for maximum and minimum values for temperature, humidity, wind speed and precipitation, among other things. The weather station has a memory with the lowest and highest measured values.
All your smart products in one app
The Alecto WS5400 works on the Smart Live app, which can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Developer Tuya Smart focuses only on the app, not on product development. The focus is on connecting smart products in one app.
The Smart Life app enables you to:
- Manage your smart devices remotely using your smartphone, wherever you are.
- Manage your various devices in one app.
- Set notifications for if something happens to one of your devices:
- Is it raining? Get a notification so you know you have to close the sunshade.
- Is there strong wind? Good to know before you get in the car.
- Does your camera detect motion? You can decide to receive a notification on your mobile, allowing you to instantly see what is happening.
- If the smart smoke alarm goes off while you’re away from home, you can receive a notification and act immediately.
- You can set up automations. These ensure that actions are carried out without you having to do anything yourself. You simply connect smart products with each other and let them work for you. Some examples are:
- Turning on your smart power outlet to activate your garden sprinkler if the temperature reaches 20 degrees Celcius or higher.
- Turning on your smart thermostat when the temperature drops below 18 degrees Celcius.
- Letting your smart sunshade fold when rain or strong winds are expected.
- Activate your smart humidifier if the humidity in the house falls below a certain value.
- Activate your smart lights automatically when it gets dark (e.g., half an hour before the sun sets).
Sensor for UV radiation
This extensive weather station is equipped with a sensor for UV radiation / sun power. The sun's power is a measure of the amount of ultraviolet radiation (UV) in the sunlight that reaches the earth. The expected amount of UV is shown in the UV index. This number represents the effect of the solar radiation’s strength on unprotected skin. On sunny days in the Netherlands, this can rise to sun force 8. This is quite high and can cause a sunburn within 10 to 15 minutes. On such days it is wise to apply sunscreen or avoid direct contact with the sun.
Indoor unit with self-dimming colour display and display lighting
In addition to the app, the unit comes with a beautiful 12.3 cm / 4.8 inch colour display for reading current weather data. Next to the time and date, the Alecto WS5400 also provides clear insight into historical data and makes its weather forecasts based on all this data.
The large colour screen has display lighting, making it visible in the dark. The display itself is dimmed but adjusts its brightness automatically according to the environment. When the environment is dark, the screen dims. When the room is bright, the screen lights up more. All these functionalities make the weather station ideal for on your bedside table, dresser or wall.
Advanced wireless outdoor unit
The outdoor unit is equipped with most sensors and can be placed outside - preferably in an open environment - where the sensors are not hindered by anything. Do not place the unit next to things such as walls as this can have an effect on wind speed, wind direction and temperature. The outdoor sensor shares the registered data wirelessly with your indoor unit and app that can be used on your smartphone, tablet or computer. The wireless outdoor sensor’s range is 30 meters / 98 feet, although this will be larger in an open field without any obstacles.
- Interior unit dimensions (H x W x D) 112 x 130 x 27.5 mm / 4 x 5 x 1 inch
- Outdoor sensor dimensions (H x W x D) 393.5 x 343.5 x 135 mm / 15 x 14 x 5 inch
- Indoor unit works on adapter (included) or batteries (1 CR2032 battery included)
- Outdoor sensor works on batteries (3 AA batteries excluded)
What's in the box?
- Weather station with colour screen / indoor unit
- Wireless outdoor sensor
- Outdoor sensor mounting bracket (for a pole)
- Outdoor sensor mounting rod
- Outdoor sensor mounting stand
- 4 bolts and 4 nuts
- 2 CR2032 backup batteries
- Manual in NL / EN / DE / FR
- Safety information
|GTIN / EAN code||8712412596287|
|Measurements for product 1:||Outdoor unit|
|Product height 1||39.40 centimeter|
|Product width 1||34.40 centimeter|
|Product depth 1||13.60 centimeter|
|Measurements for product 2:||Indoor unit|
|Product height 2||112.00 millimeter|
|Product width 2||130.00 millimeter|
|Product depth 2||27.50 millimeter|
|Product placement||Standalone, Wall mount|
|Mains adapter input voltage 1 (V)||100-240 V|
|Mains adapter input frequency 1||50-60 Hz|
|Mains adapter output voltage 1 (V)||5.00 volt|
|Mains adapter output current 1||1.00 ampere|
|Mains adapter output power 1 (W)||5.00 watt|
|Mains adapter no load energy consumption 1 (W)||0.09 watt|
|Display type||TFT LCD|
|Display size (in)||4.70 inch|
|Screen diagonal (cm)||12.00 centimeter|
|Automatic time synchronisation||Internet|
|Dual alarm (2 wake-up times)||No|
|Battery status indicator||Yes|
|Low battery indicator||Yes|
|Communication technology||RF, frequency 868 Mhz|
|App name||Smartlife, Tuya|
|Wi-Fi standard||Yes, Wi-Fi 2.4GHz|
|Range outdoor up to (m)||30.00 meter|
|Effective range up to (m)||30.00 meter|
|Range open field up to (m)||100.00 meter|
|Temperature indoor/outdoor||Indoor, Outdoor|
|Unit of temperature display||Celsius, Fahrenheit|
|Humidity indoor/outdoor||Indoor, Outdoor|
|Measurement of relative humidity (rh)||Yes|
|Barometer (air pressure) in Pascal||Yes|
|Carbon dioxide meter (CO2) in ppm||No|
|Air quality (fine dust) dust particles in pm2.5||No|
|Weather station type||Digital|
|Number of measurements per weather station||8 in 1|
|Pluviometer (precipitation) in mm/h||Yes|
|Wind speed in Beaufort (m/s)||Yes|
|UV meter (in uv)||Yes|
|Light intensity meter (in lux)||Yes|
|Feels like temperature||Yes|
|Product weight (kg)||0.00 kilogram|
|Retail packaging / Sales unit height (m)||0.00 meter|
|Retail packaging / Sales unit width (m)||0.00 meter|
|Retail packaging / Sales unit depth (m)||0.00 meter|
|Retail packaging / Sales unit gross weight (kg)||0.00 kilogram|
|Display background colour||Multi colour|
|On Screen Display (OSD)||German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Russian|
|Display in screen||Date, Day, Humidity display (in %), Temperature, Time|
|Weather comfort indication with emoticons/icons||Yes|
|Ice alarm / warning||No|
|Alarm function minimum/maximum values||Maximum humidity, Maximum temperature, Minimum humidity, Minimum temperature, Maximum precipitation volume, Maximum average wind speed|
|Lowest and highest measured values memory||Yes|
|Outdoor sensor connection||Wireless|
|Maximum number of outdoor sensors||1|
|Language day display||German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch|
|Accessories Weather stations included||AC adaptor 1x, Mounting material, Pole outdoor sensor|