New energy label
New Energy label
The European Commission has revised several energy efficiency regulations. This includes a different appearance of the well-known energy label and a tightening of the energy efficiency requirements.
The new energy labels will come into effect on March 1, 2021 for the following products:
- TVs (updated) and monitors (new)
- Dishwashers (updated)
- Fridges and freezers (incl. wine fridges, minibars) (updated)
- Washing Machines and Tumble Dryers (No Tumble Dryers) (Updated)
- Commercial refrigerators with a direct sales function (new)
- Lighting products (lamps updated, luminaires new, since September 1, 2021)
The main changes in the six new regulations are as follows:
- The reintroduction of the original A-G scale and the abolition of the confusing A+, A++ and A+++ energy classes. That is, the most efficient devices on the market received class A.
- A previous A+++ appliance can have an energy class B, C or less since the spring of 2021. So there is an incentive to develop new, more efficient devices in the future.
- Rescaling is accompanied by stricter efficiency requirements. For lighting products, for example, an efficiency increase of up to 70% can be expected.